Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Its been a while since I posted but that does not mean I have not been flying or building. There have been regular sunday mornings with the local retirees etc as well as several indoor evenings at Strathfield and Sutherland. My newest model is below pictured with the Lil Gem from a while ago. The Ultimate Bipe is 300 span and has the same gear as the Gem, 4g servos, 5g motor and 100 or 200 size 2S cells. Again weight is 60g. It has now had a lot of flights and is pretty nimble at full power but can also slow down well with all that wing area. It will ROG from a gym floor or I hand launch it at half power.

I have another set of similar micro hardware and plan a new profile 4ch model about 450 span and minimum weight. Hopefully 3D capable.
Meanwhile my club at Macquare Uni, has negotiated a new field after our old one had a basketball court built on it. Our hours are restricted but it is the best of the three fields we have had over the 20 odd year historuy of the club. I will be sharing my sunday mornings now beween the club friends and the local retirees.
Under construction is a new Mustang, made from slabs of blue foam, all carved, shaped and tissue covered. Its about 800mm span and will be for outdoor flying. I think it will look bettter than that description, photos next post after it has flown.

No comments: